We are looking for a new, experienced manager to be responsible for all aspects of leading the front of house team.
The manager will work closely with the front of house team to provide efficient, friendly and professional service.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in delivering exceptional customer service, working in a successful, busy restaurant.
The Restaurant Manager will be required to undertake a variety of roles. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and excellent customer service skills to manage a number of employees.
Day to day tasks will include but not be limited to: –
- Working closely with the Director, General Manager and Executive Chef to grow and develop No. 26 and The Boat House.
- Ensure service delivery meets excellent and consistent standards with the highest levels of professionalism.
- Ensure excellent presentation of all aspects of the restaurant and outside seating areas.
- Ensure full, in depth product knowledge, being able to respond to enquiries about the drinks, local food, where is has come from and the production methods involved.
- Have excellent attention to detail regarding till use, payments, deposits and administration.
- Ensure all reservations and larger bookings are managed in a timely and informative way, ensuring excellent records are kept for seamless delivery.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels in No. 26 and The Boat House, understand staff costs and have experience of managing changing seasonal rotas.
- Focus on staff training and development for the team. All new starters must be well trained and understand systems, processes, rules and laws.
- Work with the bar manager to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained, with accurate stock ordering, control, rotation.
- Effective communication to the accounts manager regarding maintenance and updating of the EPOS system, reporting any issues as soon as they arise.
- Have knowledge of margins and ways to improve them. Keep up to date with new suppliers, endeavour to find best prices.
- Excellent communication skills to deal with customer feedback, suggestions and complaints.
- Excellent communication skills with the team to ensure high levels of motivation and knowledge.
- Ensure cleaning and hygiene standards are maintained at all times.
- Adhere to legislation on licensing, trade, weights and measures. Challenge 25.
- Ensure cash handling procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Monitor sales reports in order to increase the commercial performance.
- Monitor discount reports to ensure appropriate action is taken and followed up, taking action where necessary to improve performance.
- Take a ‘hands-on’ approach to the day, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring staff are motivated and providing a high level of service to all customers.
- Use Planday to schedule and manage staff rotas, holiday leave, sickness and absence.
- Organise and carry out staff training, regularly review training plans to ensure continual development. Hold staff meetings with groups at all levels. Encourage upselling.
- Ensure stock and the premises are kept secure.
- Carry out and delegate general cleaning duties on a daily basis, eg. Emptying bins, sweeping and mopping floors, ensuring toilets are well kept etc.
- Ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness must be achieved at all times. Staff must adhere to health and safety guidelines and all staff must wear the appropriate safety protection clothing, provided as required.
- Ensure goods are received, checked and processed for all front of house deliveries according to company standards.
- Ensure the team is well presented at all times and wearing the correct uniform.
- Ensure allergy legislation is followed and understand food preparation issues.
- Resolve customer enquiries and complaints efficiently and politely
- Act without prejudice or discrimination towards all staff and visitors
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for excellent food and service. The successful candidate will have had a wealth of experience working in a food and beverage environment and be committed to making a new business thrive with award winning food and service.
The Manager will be required to work shifts, including weekends and public holidays. In the event of staff shortages, be prepared to assist in other areas of Aston Marina.
The key attributes we are looking for in our Restaurant Manager are:
A wealth of experience in front of house management, with evidence of driving a business forward
A desire and pride to excel in everything you do
Ambition, driven by 100% customer satisfaction
An ability to lead by example, train, motivate and develop a team
Have a positive ‘yes’ attitude
Work with The Boat House team to support and develop their business strategies
Ensure all business development opportunities that are identified by yourself and your team are passed on to the other managers to be followed up
Knowledge & experience of the highest standards of health & safety and hygiene and aptitude to nurture the same culture in the business
Maintain excellent relationships with customers and employees
Learn about new local products and suppliers
Complete all documentation to specific standards using corporate templates and in-house procedures
Ensure information and knowledge is updated on the EPOS system in a timely and accurate manner
Assist the management team to develop, implement and maintain the process, standards and systems that will ensure the effective management of Aston Marina’s information and knowledge.
This is a description of your duties and responsibilities at the present time, however, this is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be required in line with the current and future needs of the business.