Front of House Assistant
We are looking for full time and part time front of house staff to join our growing team.
Salary Bracket: Dependent on previous skills and experience. Starting at minimum wage for age.
Experience is desirable although not essential.
Day to day tasks will include but not be limited to: –
- Greeting customers with a warm smile and assisting them with all of their enquiries.
- Table service – taking orders, serving food and drinks.
- Maintaining excellent presentation of all aspects of No. 26 and Boat House and outside seating areas.
- Maintain good product knowledge, being able to respond to enquiries about menus.
- Accurate administration, taking bookings, deposits and pre-orders.
- Prepare bills – requiring excellent attention to detail.
- Accurate use of the EPOS (till) system.
- Accurate use of booking system.
- Stock rotate all products and ensure all stock is within its best before date.
- Excellent communication skills to deal with customer feedback, suggestions and complaints. Report all matters to line manager.
- Ensure cleaning and hygiene standards are maintained at all times.
- Adhere to legislation on licensing, trade, weights and measures. Challenge 25.
- Ensure cash handling procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Arrive at work ready for your shift 5 minutes early, well presented and in the correct uniform.
- carry out general cleaning duties on a daily basis, eg. Emptying bins, sweeping and mopping floors, ensuring toilets are well kept etc.
- Discuss all dietary requirements from customers with line manager and chef in charge.
- Act without prejudice or discrimination towards all staff and visitors.
- Person Specification
The key attributes we are looking for in our front of house team is:
- A desire and pride to excel in everything you do
- Ambition, driven by 100% customer satisfaction
- The motivation to work hard and enjoy being busy
- Ensure all business development opportunities are passed on your line manager
- Maintain excellent relationships with customers and employees
- Learn about new local products and suppliers
- Complete all documentation to specific standards using corporate templates and in-house procedures
This is a description of your duties and responsibilities at the present time, however, this is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be required in line with the current and future needs of the business.