We are looking for a classically trained and experienced Sous Chef to join our growing team.
The Sous Chef will be required to undertake a variety of roles in our restaurant, No.26 and events venue The Boat House, both situated on the same site at Aston Marina, Stone. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm for preparing and serving the highest quality, fresh, local produce.
Day to day tasks will include but not be limited to: –
- Deliver freshly cooked food to order in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail in plating and presenting dishes
- Take responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Create appealing seasonal dishes using fresh local produce
- Be involved in achieving more awards for the business to build on our success
- Maintain consistency and precision throughout all shifts
- Maintaining highest levels of food preparation on all stations
- Assist with the day to day running of the kitchen taking responsibility for quality standards and minimising waste
- Maintaining the highest standards of hygiene and health & safety regulations
- Be involved in the preparation and delivery of Masterclasses, weddings and private functions
- Assist in the training and supervision of less experienced staff and kitchen porters
The Sous Chef will be required to work shifts, including weekends and public holidays. In the event of staff shortages, be prepared to assist in other areas of Aston Marina.
This is a description of your duties and responsibilities at the present time, however, this is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be required in line with the current and future needs of the business