We are looking for a permanent part time assistant to work 24 hours per week, including weekends.
You will need to be helpful, practical and have a hands-on approach to helping customers with their boating requirements.
Marina & Estates
Rate of pay
Hourly rate competitive depending on previous skills and experience
End July 2017
- Provide cover for the Marina Manager on scheduled days off
- Provide cover for the Marina Manager during any annual leave
- Open the Marina Office for the scheduled opening hours
- Take bookings for short-term and long-term moorings and input the relevant data into the Mooring, Insurance & BSS Register and Capsule CRM
- Dispense diesel, check that the diesel declaration record is completed and collect payment
- Exchange Calor Gas cylinders for customers and collect payment
- Sell items as and when required from the Chandlery / Marina Office
- Assist customers with general mooring enquiries and where necessary take bookings for our restaurant No.26
- Retrieve / store keys from our key store as and when required for mooring customers
- Liaise with the Marina Manager, other managers from Aston Marina and Business Directors when necessary regarding marina matters
- Carry out inspection walks of the berths and marina amenities as and when possible and report any maintenance issues to the Marina Manager or site maintenance staff
- Carry out occasional inspection walks of the secure parking area, where moorers park their vehicles
- Record all correspondence & transactions that require invoices to be sent for the Marina Manager to follow up at the next available opportunity
- Cash up the Marina Office till at the end of the day and take the takings over to the Main Building, then put into the safe
24 hours per week (more during busy times and holiday cover) – usually 3 days per week, including weekends
As Marina Assistant you will be required to work weekends and public holidays. In the event of staff shortages, be prepared to assist in other areas of Aston Marina.
This is a description of your duties and responsibilities at the present time, however, this is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be required in line with the current and future needs of the business.
Get in touch...
If you have the personality and passion to offer exceptional service in any of these areas, please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!